Quick! Can you name the body’s biggest organ?
I’ll give you a few hints: You can see it. It helps protect you from the environment. It prevents you from losing too much moisture. It helps regulate your body temperature.
Give up? It’s Your SKIN!
That’s right. Your skin is an organ, and the way that it looks can tell you a whole lot about what is going on inside your body. Is your skin glowing and radiant? You’re probably taking care of yourself and experiencing good health. Or, do you suffer from acne or psoriasis? Are you tired, stressed, not eating well? Your skin will show it! Creams and lotions can help contribute to the skin’s healthiness, but what you put into your body is far more important. Vitamins, the food you eat and how much water you drink all play a big part in the health of your skin.
Let’s start from the inside:
According to the American Academy of Dermatologists (AAD), the following vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients help nourish your skin.1 Get to know your A-C-E of vitamins, and you’ll be on your way to healthier skin.
- Vitamin A helps repair skin tissue. Without it, you may notice dry, flaky skin. Get vitamin A by eating low-fat dairy products and fruits and vegetables, especially carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, squash, apricots, mango and cantaloupe. Mannatech’s PhytoMatrix® caplets contain food-sourced vitamins and minerals, providing 100% Daily Value of vitamin A in a form commonly found in plant foods– beta-carotene.
- Vitamin C helps counter the effects of sun exposure. It reduces the damage caused by free radicals, which destroy collagen and elastin. You can get vitamin C from fruits and vegetables. Mannatech’s Manna-C™ capsules contain natural forms of Vitamin C from wild bush plum and acerola—wild fruits that are considered two of nature’s richest sources of this vitamin. Manna-C provides 88% DV. PhytoMatrix provides 100% DV vitamin C from acerola fruit.
- Vitamin E helps reduce the harmful effects of the sun on the skin. Stay with 30 IU per day or less, as any more can be harmful. Oils containing fatty acids are also key to healthy skin.Salmon oil, cod liver oil, walnut oil and flax seed oil all contain omega-3 and -6 fatty acids, which help keep the skin lubricated and looking healthy. Mannatech’s Omega-3 with Vitamin D3 provides the essential omega fatty acids your body needs to maintain good health.
- · Creams with vitamin E can sooth dry skin. Mannatech’s LIFT day moisturizer and night crème contain vitamin E and are both antioxidant rich.
Now, let’s go outside:
Here comes the sun! While sunbathing can be fun, its rays are very damaging. But so are heat, humidity and chlorine. Heat and humidity can bring on rashes, and chlorine is very drying. Before you apply the sunscreen, particularly the natural ones based on zinc oxide, lather on some lotion! Try to find lotions that are natural and chemical-free. Read the ingredients and look for vitamins, like E, and natural plant oils, like olive, grape seed and jojoba.
Mannatech has an excellent Summer Skin-Care Survival Kit that can help protect your skin during those hot months. Based on natural and plant-derived ingredients, this combination of skin care products uses the best of nature to help hydrate, smooth and soothe your skin, all summer long. All four of these products are paraben-free, allergy-tested, non-comedogenic (will not clog pores), free of synthetic oils, not tested on animals and fragrance-free. And, they are suitable for all skin types.
The kit includes:
- 1 FIRM with Ambrotose® - super-rich, it soothes the whole body with lavender oil
- 1 Emprizone® gel – combines aloe vera gel with Vitamins A and E to restore vital moisture
- 1 Mannatech LIFT™ Multiphase Serum – rich formula with polysaccharides that help moisturize, smooth and tighten
- 1 Mannatech LIFT Body Lotion – contains Cupuacu butter that refines and relieves dry, itchy skin
Love your skin as much as you love summer .Order your kit today by going to Mannatech.com or by calling 800-281-4469. Order item # 74801. Hurry, this offers ends August 2nd, 2013, or while supplies last.
When you eat right, and are mindful of the products you buy, you can be confident and ready to bear that beautiful skin of yours!